About Positive Affirmations for Christian Kids & Moms
This downloadable file contains 80 affirmation cards. Some of the cards are general positive messages. (Things like "every breath I take calms me down" and "I know this will be over soon" and "My future is bright.") These don't have scripture references because they aren't directly related to any particular scripture.
The other cards are directly based on Bible verses. In these cases, the card includes the reference at the bottom for easy study later on.
The kids' cards are appropriate for both boys and girls. There is nothing in the text or graphics that would tilt them towards one or the other. The mom cards are, of course, specific to being a wife and mother. There is no reason that any Christian adult wouldn't benefit from the kids' affirmation cards. They are really appropriate for anyone at any stage of life.
There is no script font on the cards for kids, but the cards for moms use a combination of print and script.
Do positive affirmations work?
Even though I am a believer with a strong faith, I wanted some evidence that positive affirmations would help me to defeat that nagging ugly voice I hear. It turns out that there is real science behind the power of positive affirmations.
According to an article in the journal Psychology Today, "affirmations can be a powerful tool to help you change your mood, state of mind, and manifest the change you desire in your life."
The messages that you allow to permeate your brain, to really sink in, have the power to actually change your brain, causing new pathways to be formed. And then, of course, new pathways lead to new thoughts, new thoughts lead to new actions and new words spoken.
Your kids can totally tip the battle against Satan in their favor, and the Holy Spirit will help them.
What can positive affirmations do for my kids?
That voice in their heads criticizes your kids. It makes them feel guilty, afraid, angry, and unloved. They constantly worry that they're failing, that their worries are going to overwhelm them, that they aren't good enough.
These negative thoughts can have power if you don't help your kids to replace them with positive thoughts - truths based in scripture, written for them by the One who loves them even more than you do.
Research has shown that positive affirmations:
- Combat the negative effects of stress and anxiety.
- Boost problem-solving abilities.
- Create long-lasting feelings of happiness.
These printable positive affirmations for Christian kids will encourage your kids and lift their mood throughout the day. They will remind your kids to see themselves the way God sees them - calm, beloved, and peaceful children of God.
When they read these cards daily, they will:
- Feel strong and calm
- Trust the voice of the Holy Spirit when they hear it
- Feel empowered to conquer challenges
- Stop worrying about their mistakes and imperfections
- Find the joy that Jesus promises
- Feel happier and more relaxed in all their days
How to use these positive affirmations for Christian kids
Here's what I did with these cards:
- Download the file (um, obviously, right?)
- Print the cards on cardstock
- Cut the cards - they are squares for easier cutting!
- Laminate for durability
- Store in a small box or envelope and keep them in a safe place (Mine are in my underwear drawer.)
- Choose one affirmation to focus on. Your child might want one per day or one per week, or just change it whenever she feels like it.
- Post somewhere that she will see it several times throughout the day. I like mine on the bathroom mirror, but you could also put it on her desk, the kitchen table, or some other spot.
- Encourage her to say the affirmation three times every time she sees it, preferably out loud. (But understand if she says it in her mind because there are other people around.)
Download these positive affirmations for Christian kids today to get the encouragement they need!
Claim a mindset of joy for your children and take back their minds from the enemy.
These cards are the perfect way to build their trust in the Holy Spirit and consciously seek out his voice in their mind.
You can protect them against worry and anxiety with God's help.