This scavenger hunt is made up of twelve clues, including the one that you give at the beginning, and I have included six extra blank cards in the PDF so that you can make up your own rhymes or replace any clues that don't work for your situation.
If you do replace cards, don't feel the pressure to make them rhymes or even clever. You officially have my permission to just write the name of a place on the card and call it good enough.
Also in the PDF is a list of what clue goes where, and the clues are numbered to make it easy for you.
USING THE CHRISTMAS SCAVENGER HUNT FOR BIG KIDS & TEENS
I’ve made this really easy for you.
- Click the button above or below, enter your email address, and download the PDF.
- Print pages 1, 2, and 4. Page 3 is the blank cards, so if you need blank cards, print that one, too. You’re only going to use these clues one time and only for a few minutes, so there is no need to print on cardstock or laminate or anything like that. Just use whatever cheapo printer paper you have.
- Cut the clues apart.
- Decide how you’ll give the kids the first clue. Will you leave it on the breakfast table? Wrap it in a box? Hide it in a book? Just hand it over? Totally up to you here.
- Hide clues 2 through 12 in the places designated on the PDF.
- Hide the gift in the hall closet or use one of the blank cards to specify a different location.
- Sit back and watch. It’s super fun.