How to Create an Easter Basket Scavenger Hunt
- Download and print out the clues I put together using clipart from Stockberry Studio.
- Cut the clues apart.
- Get a bunch of plastic Easter eggs.
- Put the first clue in a plastic Easter egg. Leave several jelly beans in eggs with the clue-filled egg somewhere your kids will find it. I'm thinking we'll put ours in a basket on the dining room table.
- Clue 2 - Repeat the jelly bean eggs with clue-filled egg thing outside the front door.
- Clue 3 - Freezer
- Clue 4 - Hamper
- Clue 5 - Under a bush in the yard
- Clue 6 - On the couch
- Clue 7 - Inside a shoe
- Clue 8 - In the mailbox
- Clue 9 - A place where you put your toys away
- Easter basket - In the car
Because this requires only about 15 minutes of prep, you could print these out and have them ready to go even the night before Easter.
You sort of have to wait until the last minute anyway. You couldn't hardly put the eggs and clues out before the night before!
I'd love to hear if you used these clues and how your kids liked them!
Update: I designed these at the last minute in 2016, and I saved the post for March 2017. The scavenger hunt was a HUGE hit with my kids, and I plan to do the same one again this year. They loved running around, finding clues, and hunting. It was great.
Other scavenger hunts I've created:
- Religious Easter basket scavenger hunt based on the story of Jesus' crucifixion
- Challenging Easter basket scavenger hunt for older kids, tweens, and teens
- Easter basket scavenger hunt for non-readers
This is an instant digital download. No physical products will be shipped.
This scavenger hunt is for personal use by one family only and not to be shared, distributed, or used for any professional or income generating activity.
I am the owner and designer of all Feels Like Home Blog digital products. I self publish and distribute my own creative works. All creative works and the collection of my products are owned and copyrighted by me. Any reproductions are an infringement of copyright and punishable by law.